Mom Gamers

Moms love games too!

3:58 PM

AdventureQuest Worlds Day 1

Posted by Mom Gamers

Today I decided to try out Artix's AdventureQuest Worlds. I wanted to try it out because it looked interesting, is free, is browser based, and has reached 10 million players in 10 months. OK mostly because it's reached 10 million players in 10 months!  Who doesn't want to see what that's all about?

I go to the site, and create an account.  In the character creation screen, you have some control over the look of your character - hair style and color, and skin and eye color. You can choose to be a warrior, mage, priest or rogue. I wanted to choose rogue, or my typical warrior choice, but I decided to try a mage.



You get a little intro story...


...and you're dumped into the intro area.


I had a little bit of a hard time figuring out where to go. The quest givers are extremely easy to see. I suggest using the map if you get lost.

Here's the main map - if you get lost just look into the center and zoom in on that area:


You'll get a close up map of the Greenguard area, which is where you want to focus starting out if you get lost.


So the mages are pretty cool. You get about three shots with your available mana before you're out and have to sit down and rest. By level 4 I had fire, ice shards and also a buff which restores mana as you fight.


I died pretty early on. You get about 10 seconds of laying there in a blue-black screen and then you can respawn right there.



I managed to make 1000 gold quickly enough to buy a cottage.


I look forward to doing some decorating in my very bare house!


Other things I discovered:
  • I was summoned in on a couple of boss battles - fights with others always makes things easy!
  • You can help others and they can help you fight - you only need one hit on the monster they're fighting to get some rewards
  • The arena fighting against several bosses was easy and not bad at level 4
  • There are several types of servers - chat, kid-friendly where only canned chat is allowed, and then paid-for members servers
What I didn't like:
  • When I bought a house it took a long time for me to be able to get in (several hours). It kept saying I didn't have one. When I tried to buy one again t said I already had one. :D
  • I can't post on the forum until I've played several days. 
I look forward to playing some more and discovering more of this game.  I don't know how appealing it is for adults to play regularly, but it seems like this will be a good game for kids to play..


1 comments:

albina N muro said...

try out free varium. I wanted to try it out because it looked interesting, is free, is browser based, and has reached 10 million players in 10 months.

Post a Comment